Around the world the first forty days after a baby is born have long been recognized as a crucial time for rest, recovery and bonding. Postpartum doulas help ease the transition to parenthood and caring for an infant by providing various types of support depending on the needs and desires of each individual family.
This nurturing care typically includes:
- Lactation/infant feeding support
- Education about infant care and soothing techniques
- Caring for siblings
- Assisting with family adjustment
- Light cooking and cleaning
- Running errands
- Caring for baby while you rest and rejuvenate.
As a licensed midwife I am also able to:
- Check your and your baby’s vital signs
- Weigh baby
- Monitor healing
- Prepare sitz baths and compresses
- Perform the state mandated newborn metabolic screen (aka, the “blood spot” or “heel stick” test)
- Suggest natural remedies and supplements
- Provide referrals
I offer postpartum care on a per hour or package basis, tailored to your family’s needs. Families choosing a 10 day postpartum package will have access to on-call services during my time as your care provider, where I am available 24/7 for questions or concerns.